Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Health Care Conversations - NYTimes.com

Health Care Conversations - NYTimes.com

It is the classic cliche to say that you can't legislate morality. I suppose I am too sensitive to those who want to criticize any attempt to make things better. I feel like the people who used to blame their problems on blacks and jews now blame big government for their problems. I want to tell them to shut up. I want to bully them. It just makes me sad. I believe this is going to happen, and when it does I need to make sure I don't carry a grudge. It's just really hard for me to see the other side of the argument. I know there has to be a balance in life, and generally I only see one side of things. I need to be more understanding. I wish there were more I could do to promote understanding. I suppose that this is the way life is, and I just need to get used to it. It is said that we are ruled by controversy and healed by passion. I hope that I can make this a learning experience. This may be an important moment in our history. I hope I use it wisely.

No comments: